Practising hatha yoga has countless benefits. Most people love the relaxed yet energised feeling at the end of the session, the feeling of being stretched and the discomfort of the day slowly subsiding.
My sessions contain elements of:
Yoga postures (asana) invite flexibility and strength to your body and mind. A regular asana the practice helps to ease discomfort related to back problems, poor posture and poor digestion. Furthermore, the nervous system relaxes, stress levels are reduced, which usually gives you a good night sleep and higher energy levels.
Breathing techniques (pranayama) help you to calm your mind and to develop focus and clarity. Pranayama purifies the subtler levels of your body which increases your vitality.
“When all mental activities form an uninterrupted flow only to the object of your concentration” Patanjali III.2.
That is seen as meditation. We have lots of different techniques available to help us
Please check the timetable for details on venues, times and fees.
I love chanting, so each session is opened
by the chant below, creating concentration and purpose.
“Aum Swarupa yanamaha, Aum Sri Sadgurave namaha Yogena chittasya padena vaachaam malam shariirasya cha vaidyakena Yopaakarottam pravaram muniinaam Patanjalim praanjali ranatosmi Aum Shanti shanti shanti”
The meaning of the verse is:
I bow down to my inner self, I bow down the true Master I surrender completely to the eminent sage Patanjali. He has helped to remove impurities on all three levels of existence. The body is purified by the science of medicine, speech, the representation of all thoughts and actions, by the scientific discipline of grammar (the art of communication) and the psyche by the science of Yoga. Peace for all three levels of our existence
All sessions offer
- a gentle warm-up → preparing for deeper practice
- followed by a sequence that works on different subjects such as back, joints, stretches and is a mixture of standing asanas, floor-based ones and inversions
- followed by regular use of different pranayama techniques
- and a thorough relaxation and meditation or concentration technique.
Who can take part?
Everyone can take part, all levels are welcomed. The sessions are tailored to the needs of the individuals.
Before attending a class:
- The teacher should be informed about every condition, medication or other problem which might have an impact on your practice.
- In case you feel any kind of discomfort during the session, you should immediately let your teacher know.
- It is advisable to have your last proper meal at least 2 hours prior to the session. A very slight snack or a cup of tea is okay.
- Please inform the teacher during the first 3 days of menstruation as not all postures can be
- Please wear loose clothes and bring a mat.
- Please be aware that not all postures are suitable during the first 3 days of menstruation, ask your teacher for further information.