Yoga for Your Body Type
Ready to get to know your body like you have never known it before?
Introducing Yoga for Your Body Type, 4 weekly sessions during August, designed for your specific body type.
Body types are the Ayurvedic understanding of our physical and mental makeup. There are three main types Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Ayurveda, translated the Science of Life, is the ancient Indian healing system. Its aims are to prevent and cure diseases by encouraging us to live a life in balance. When we come out of balance we experience discomfort which, if not balanced, will develop into diseases.
Here are some pointers.
You are tired of
- feeling anxious or overwhelmed, experiencing dry skin or hair, feeling bloated and constipated, aches in your bones or back.
- burning eyes, feeling irritable and frustrated, developing inflammation, feeling exhausted.
- getting frequent colds, chest congestion, gaining weight, retaining fluids or suffering from allergies.
Would you like feeling more
- light, energised, creative, able to navigate your feelings and thoughts with ease, balanced digestions, feeling a sense of flow.
- clear, strong, sound judgement, enthusiastic, happy to help.
- content, patient, compassionate, stable and grounded in your body, well lubricated.
Helping balancing those imbalances, is the aim of Yoga for Your Body Type.
How to know which body type you are, which course to attend?
Saturday, July 25th, I was offering a free Webinar introducing the course and the principles of Ayurveda and body type specific food plans.
You can find out if you are a Vata, Pitta or Kapha dominant body type by filling in an Ayurveda quiz. There will be a time for questions as well.
Do you know how the doshas affect your well being ?
When you feel that one or more of these characteristics are increasing Ayurveda recommends to re-balance. Learn how to get started with this on the course.
What is the course offering?
I am so excited. This is an offering of 3 courses, one for each Dosha, composing of 4 sessions over 4 weeks, structured in a way to help re-balance using yoga postures, suitable breathing techniques, relaxation, and meditation.
Yoga is one of the five approaches to bring health to body and mind. Herbs, food, massages, and changes in lifestyle are the other approaches completing the road to a life in balance.
All sessions are going to be recorded and send out after the sessions for you to keep.
Yoga for your Body TypeVATA
- Fridays, 6.45 – 8.00 pm
- August, 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
Yoga for your Body TypePITTA
- Fridays, 5.15 – 6.30 pm
- August, 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
Yoga for your Body TypeKAPHA
- Saturdays, 8.30 – 9.45 am
- August, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
Ayurveda is all about Balance
Are you new to Ayurveda? Here is some information about Vata, Pitta, Kapha Dosha .
When VATA is dominant in you or is imbalanced, remember this is the space/air element, your hands and feet feel cold. Your skin and/or your hair are dry.
Your breath tends to be shallow.
Your digestion might be irregular, with a tendency to constipation.
Your mind is super busy with lots of ideas whirling around making it difficult to follow them through.
You tend to worry a lot or feel anxious or overwhelmed.
Your lower back or bones might ache.
In case of PITTA dominance or imbalance, the fire and water element,
your body feels warm,
- your skin looks rosy,
- your breathing is full, unless you get stressed,
- your digestion is excellent, can eat lots and feel thirsty a lot,
- your mind is very organised, determined, you love planning and creating lists, which you love ticking when done, focusing comes easy to you
- when you get stressed you feel irritable or frustrated, anger comes quickly,
- Tendency toward inflammations, high blood pressure, burning eyes or urine,
When KAPHA is dominant or imbalanced, then your skin tends to be oily and radiant. You have thick hair and even white teeth with a lovely smile.
Your hands and feet are cool to touch and feel a little clammy.
Your appetite is healthy, and your digestion is regular. You put on weight easily, if eating too many lovely sweets.
You are easy going, very caring and thoughtful.
When you get stressed you don’t want to deal with it.
Tendency toward getting colds or chest infections, fluid retention, weight gain, allergies.