Very taste flapjacks, excellent for lunch boxes and snacks. Sometimes I put fresh apple in as well, works excellent. Be creative:)
- 15 organic chopped dates
- 125 g ghee
- 150 brown sugar/jaggery/date syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 ground cardamom
- large handful of sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- large handful of raisins
- 500 g rolled porridge oats
- rice/soya/coconut milk
1. Put dates in a pan with little water, cook for 5 min until soft, then blend into a thick past. add Ghee, seeds, fruits and enough oats to make a thick consistency, mixing all ingredients.
2. Add some rice, soya or coconut mild and stir the mixture over heat for a few minutes, adding more oats to bulk up. Cooking this oats in this way makes them soften and the flapjack bind. After 5 min. of cooking, pour into an oven dish and flatten down with a spoon.
3. Bake for 30 min at 160 or gas mark 4 until golden brown on the top.